Why are we always encouraging our clients to adopt virtual receptionists? Are they really that superior to traditional receptionists? These are the questions that some of our customers ask. And they are valid questions. If you are going to spend your hard-earned money on a virtual receptionist, you need to first determine whether the concept […]
Why are we always encouraging our clients to adopt virtual receptionists? Are they really that superior to traditional receptionists? These are the questions that some of our customers ask.
And they are valid questions. If you are going to spend your hard-earned money on a virtual receptionist, you need to first determine whether the concept is worth your investment.
There are people out there who actually worry that by bringing virtual receptionists aboard, they will lose out on all the offerings they once received from their traditional receptionist.
But that isn’t true. Virtual receptionists can perform all the roles that you expect from their traditional counterparts, for instance:
- A virtual receptionist is going to manage all your inbound calls. Not only will they answer your phones but they will greet your customers in the manner that you demand. They have scripts that can be customised to meet your distinct requirements.
- Virtual receptionists will manage your appointments, scheduling meetings where necessary, sending out reminders and performing all the basic tasks that you expect from customer service personnel.
- They will act as a barrier between you and your customers, screening your calls according to the criteria you desire and making certain that the right customers talk to the right people in your company.
This more or less covers the scope of activities and tasks that traditional receptionists are expected to perform. And if this was all that virtual receptionists had to offer, you would be right in questioning their relevance.
But virtual receptionists are far more beneficial than that. Consider the following:
- Traditional receptionists are actual employees of your company and that makes them exhausting. Not only do you have to pay them appropriately for every single hour of their time but you must also contend with all the breaks they have to take, the vacations you have to offer them, the days they are away due to illnesses, etc.
Traditional receptionists are a handful. Virtual receptionists, on the other hand, are never sick. They do not require vacations. They don’t take lunch breaks. They are always available within the work period.
- Virtual receptionists are cheap, especially if you compare them to a traditional receptionist. It is more expensive to pay a traditional receptionist his or her salary, and that doesn’t even include the cost of benefits, insurance, the money you have to spend on their office space, furniture, stationery, etc.
With virtual receptionists, you only have to worry about the monthly subscription payments.
- With virtual receptionists, you are assured reliable consistent service. A virtual receptionist will answer every phone call that comes their way with the exact greeting you have demanded regardless of the prevailing social, economic, or political conditions of the day.
There are no inconveniences with virtual receptionists, no bad days to excuse their testy responses to customers, no rainy mornings to keep them out of the office when calls come in.
With a virtual receptionist, you get exactly what is promised. Some people think that virtual receptionists are a gamble. But the real gamble is traditional receptionists.